Scandinavia Trip: Day 13 – Return from Copenhagen

I woke up on the last day of this intense trip feeling quite sluggish, but the weather was too nice to slack off. I packed up my bag one last time and went out, basically repeating yesterday’s circuit around central Copenhagen. This time, I spent longer checking out the spiralling roof of the Stock Exchange building: upon closer inspection, it is made of the intertwining tails of several dragons. I also briefly stopped by the Botanic Gardens, which were free to enter but were undergoing major reconstruction. The entire northeastern side was closed off to visitors, and what remained was a short loop between the Palm House and the lake.

At around eleven, I boarded the metro to Copenhagen Airport and thereby used my DOT app one last time. I felt relieved that I would soon be able to uninstall all six transport apps that have been weighing down my phone throughout this journey. In retrospect, I am very happy with my trip to Scandinavia: I have seen fjords and islands, runes and stave churches, as well as summer storms and the midnight sun. The only thing remaining on my bucket list are the northern lights, but there is time to see those yet.   


Christiansborg Palace
The same
The Christiansborg Palace Church
Christiansborg Palace again
A view of a crossroads
The Stock Exchange
A view of Christiansborg Palace again
Saint Nicholas Church
The Church of the Holy Spirit
Interesting roofs near the church
A bizarre fish fountain
An obelisk opposite to the Cathedral
The Round Tower
An Armenian cross
Rosenborg Castle
The Botanical Garden
The same
A smaller greenhouse
The Church of Saint Andrew behind the Botanical Garden

Comments

Archive

Show more

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Delhi and Other Bits and Pieces

India: Day 9 – Independence Day

India: Days 5-8 – On a tea estate in Darjeeling