Various Happenings

My flatmate Nic, with whom I watched the Dragon Boat Festival a few weeks ago, took me on a bike ride this Wednesday morning. At least I think it was a Wednesday morning – I’m backdating this post from the future and I can’t quite remember. Nic, feel free to correct me if I’m wrong (and also, shoutout to you for being one of this cursed blog’s / public diary’s most loyal readers; yes, the bar is very low). We departed (I believe) at around 5:40, which is necessary in the summer so as to avoid the unbearable heat that descends upon the city by seven o’clock. With the expertise of a seasoned cyclist, Nic led us West and then North along the riverside parks, he on his slick bike with clip-in pedals and me strenuously maintaining my composure on a borrowed YouBike. To my flatmate’s credit, he showed absolutely no annoyance at being held back by my bike’s pathetic three gears.

My favourite part about the ride was spotting a flock of black-headed ibises, which I had never seen here before. We also passed freshly cut fields dotted with egrets.

I should also mention here, since I forgot to do so on my last post, that I visited a local German restaurant with a few friends last week. The portions were somewhat small and overpriced, but the décor was very much “on point” (as we, the youths, are wont to say). These few low-quality pictures I took using my phone should illustrate the general atmosphere.   

Following ancient European ritual, I provided one of the coasters with a new home
More German decorations
Käsespätzle

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Delhi and Other Bits and Pieces

India: Day 9 – Independence Day

India: Days 5-8 – On a tea estate in Darjeeling