Wintering in the Czech Republic

I returned to the Czech Republic on the 12th of December, having just narrowly avoided the complete societal collapse that befell England this winter. Although both my train ride to the airport and flight home were delayed, real disaster only struck once I was safely at home, with heavy snowfall causing various modes of transportation to be cancelled and car crashes to litter English roads.

I spent much of my winter break tying various loose ends. I had quite a few pictures to sort through, as well as belated blog posts to write, but my greatest time commitment each year is writing messages to people who I have not heard from during the year. Of course, I also saw a few of my friends in the flesh, though an increasing proportion of them is distributed across the globe.

My international journeys during this time are the subjects of subsequent posts. Other than that, I left the house as little as humanly possible, as the weather was ugly, and the beautiful snow melted away far too quickly. The one exception was a little trip to Svatý Jan pod Skalou, which is near my house and looks gorgeous in the snow.

The lookout over Svatý Jan pod Skalou
The Church of the Birth of Saint John the Baptist
The Cave of Saint Ivan
The way back from the Oak Tree near Beroun

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Delhi and Other Bits and Pieces

India: Day 9 – Independence Day

India: Days 5-8 – On a tea estate in Darjeeling