Voting Troubles

The pictures below are from a trip I made to the city hall in my hometown Beroun. At the time, I was making my first attempt to get a voting pass so I could vote in the upcoming parliamentary elections from the Czech Embassy in London. To my surprise and consternation, I found out I was still registered to vote in New York, which necessitated me to formally request my removal from their list. Luckily, the workers of the Consulate in New York were very responsive, and I was able to pick up my voting pass in Beroun only several days later. Note for the future: unless planning to settle somewhere long-term, get a voting pass!

Beroun Town Hall
The same
The same but behind a statue
Pilsen Gate
Church of Saint James

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Delhi and Other Bits and Pieces

India: Day 9 – Independence Day

India: Days 5-8 – On a tea estate in Darjeeling