Průhonice Take Two

I hate driving. I hate driving a lot. I especially hate driving large cars down narrow provincial roads. Now obviously, since I have lived to tell the tale, the story of how my sister and I got to Průhonice by evading the D5 highway on a Monday morning is not one with very high stakes, nor is it much of a tale anyhow. Suffice it to say, there were about three moments when I thought we were going to die: First, when a bus unexpectedly lurched towards us from behind the bend on a narrow village road; second, when I was trying to evade a car by veering so far to the right that our right-hand wheels ended up in a ditch; and third, when I steered us back onto the road from said ditch and almost ended up colliding with a car coming from the opposite direction.

My second time in Průhonice was a blast though. We did get lost for about two kilometres, but the views, the flowers, and even the occasional lizard were all worth it.

The entrance to Průhonice 
Průhonice Chateau
Chestnut blossoms
Azaleas
The entrance to the main building of Průhonice Chateau
Church of the Birth of the Virgin Mary
Průhonice Chateau
Průhonice Chateau again
An iris
Another azalea
More azaleas
An azalea - I think - I don't actually know the difference between azaleas and rhododendrons
A grey heron
Some type of pink flowers
A gorse
Labeška Lake
"Czech Cottage"
The same
Back at Průhonice Chateau
Another cottage
Another view of Průhonice Chateau
A lizard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Delhi and Other Bits and Pieces

India: Day 9 – Independence Day

India: Days 5-8 – On a tea estate in Darjeeling