March Back-date

It occurred to me during a dream I had on April 19th that I had forgotten to post a few pictures I took in between my visit to the Southern Branch of the National Palace Museum and my trip to Da’An Park. On the Sunday of March 15th, I took two or three hours to tour a few sights on the blue line of the Taipei metro, which is a line I hardly ever use. I started at the North Gate, which is the last part of the late Qing fortifications in Taipei to retain its original appearance. After that, I took the metro to the Sun Yat-sen Memorial. I am back-dating this post and attaching pictures below.

 The Taipei North Gate
 Another image of the North Gate in Taipei
 Mitsui & Co. building in Taipei
 Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall
 Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall behind the statue of a seated Sun Yat-sen
 The inside of the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall
 The statue of Sun Yat-sen
 Another view of the same statue
 The Taipei 101 as seen from the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall
 The Taipei 101 behind a Taiwanese flag
The front of the Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Delhi and Other Bits and Pieces

India: Day 9 – Independence Day

India: Days 5-8 – On a tea estate in Darjeeling