Slightly Less Dead Week

My first week studying at the ICLP was very relaxed. My classes begin at 8:10 and end at 12:00, after which I have the whole day to do whatever I want. This week I spent all of my afternoons at the library.

Once again, I snapped a string on my guitar, but I swallowed my pride this time and took it to the shop where I had the string changed. It was not hard for the owner to convince me to buy a tuner. I never really thought about how tuners worked, but to my surprise, this type is clamped to the guitar neck and picks up on the guitar’s vibrations. I spent the rest of the evening holding the tuner in front of my mouth and humming.

On Saturday, a few Yalies in Taiwan met up for dinner, which was a pleasant little event in the middle of a very rainy week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Delhi and Other Bits and Pieces

India: Day 9 – Independence Day

India: Days 5-8 – On a tea estate in Darjeeling