Intermezzo

After I visited Korea, I spent a peaceful two and a half weeks at home in Prague. I met some old friends, though most were out of the country, and saw some of the people I love to see most whenever I come back: the dentist and the hairdresser.

It had rained after a hot and dry summer, which meant that the woods were teeming with mushrooms. That was a cue for my mum to get lost in the forest for a bit and return with basketfuls of mushrooms, which were then distributed throughout the living room to dry out on newspapers. The smell was so rancid that I ate several breakfasts outdoors.

Mushroom bonanza
 More mushrooms
 Another mushroom
 A whole family of mushrooms
 A tall mushroom
 I have no idea what these mushrooms are
 Another mushroom
 A different type of mushrooms
 A very funny local poem
 The hike to Svatý Jan pod Skalou
 The rocky walls around Svatý Jan
A cute baby mushroom (we showed no mercy and picked it too)

I spent much of my time at home trying to figure out what to do after finishing my studies in Taiwan. It was a fruitless endeavour. More exciting was the research I started doing on Taiwan; I decided there and then that once I got to Taipei, I would begin to write a book on Christianity on the island. Other than that, I cut myself in the finger while cooking and I had to go to the hospital to get stitches.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Southern Delhi and Other Bits and Pieces

India: Day 9 – Independence Day

India: Days 5-8 – On a tea estate in Darjeeling